Last week I discovered the worst possible thing in my apartment.
I had been feeling really sick for a couple of weeks and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong.
I called my doctor to make an appointment so that I could figure out what was going on. I was starting to get worried because I wasn’t starting to feel any better after about three weeks. However, my doctor told me she thought that it was allergies. I had never had allergies before so I knew it had to be something else. I started to look around my apartment to see if there was dust or debris getting in from outside somewhere. That is when I found my disgusting discovery. I opened up the closet to my HVAC unit and saw it was covered in mold. It was the nasty thing I had ever seen and it was all over my HVAC unit. I knew that it had to be in the ductwork too and that is why I was starting to get sick. I had no idea how long the mold had been there, but I called a local HVAC company right away to have them come over and look at the situation. I have never been more anxious in my whole life. The HVAC worker told me that this was the most mold he had ever seen in his whole career and that I was either going to have to replace the HVAC equipment or have an expensive deep cleaning treatment. I didn’t know which was worse, the mold or my new found debt to this HVAC company.