Whenever we went to the theater in the summer, the air conditioning stopped working.
It was one of those things that I wasn’t expecting to happen.
Before this, I had never been in a theater, watching a play, when the whole place was filled with smoke. It was a little bit horrifying, and even though we were on the ground floor, and it was self-explanatory to get out of the building, it was still scary. There were a whole lot of people there to see the play, so the crowd size contributed to my fear. It turned out that there wasn’t a fire in the theater at all. It was the middle of the summer, and we had been having some really hot weather, so they had the central air conditioner turned on as high as it would go during the performance. It was turned on just a little bit too high! I learned one of the pumps burned out during the play. That’s what made all of the smoke! The smoke came through the ventilation ducts and started filling the theater. Everybody panicked! It was interesting to see how people reacted when they saw smoke filling the building. Some people got up and ran out as fast as they could, and others helped older people and children escape. This kind of thing happens sometimes. You never know how you’ll react to something until it happens.